Code of Conduct for Members
Shankill Bowling Club (SBC) is fully committed to promoting and safeguarding the well-being of all its members and aims to ensure a positive and enjoyable experience for all. The SBC believes that all club members should at all times show respect and understanding for the welfare of others.As a member of SBC you are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
- Bullying or abusive behaviour of any nature will not be tolerated within the club and may be dealt with in accordance the club’s procedure under “Infringement of Rules or Other Misconduct”.
- All members must respect the rights, worth and dignity of all members and visitors to the Bowling Club.
- All members should recognise the valuable contribution made by the Club officers and committee members. The members holding these positions are all volunteers giving their time and resources to provide bowling and associated social opportunities for all members.
- Members should be aware that all formal communications between Shankill Bowling Club and the ILBA is the responsibility of the relevant Club officer only. Individual members should refrain from any such communications and instead refer their query/concern to the Shankill Bowling Club’s committees or executive.
- Respectful language should be used at all times by Club members.
- In accordance with Club and ILBA rules members must wear suitable attire as prescribed by the specific match or occasion.
- Members must pay agreed membership dues and any tournament fees promptly.
All Shankill Bowling Club members are encouraged at all times to be open and to share any concerns, complaints or suggestions that they may have about any aspect of the Club to the Hon Secretary or any Officer of the Shankill Bowling Club.Revision 3 of the SBC Code of Conduct May 2023.